What is scar revision?
Many people have scars on their face due to injury or past surgery. Dr. Truesdale uses a variety of techniques and technologies to reduce or remove the appearance of a facial scar. Many options are non-surgical. Your treatment plan could include one or more of the following: RF micro-needling, CO2 laser, scar excision and reorientation techniques, W-plasty, Z-plasty, broken line technique, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, medications, or natural injections. During your consultation, he will evaluate your face and provide his expert opinion on the best option for you.
What are the benefits of scar revision?
When people look at you, you want to be confident they are looking at you, and not your scar. Many people find their facial scars distracting, and experience a confidence boost after the scars are significantly diminished or eliminated.
Long lasting results
Unlike creams and ointments that require constant upkeep, many of Dr. Truesdale’s scar revision techniques will permanently reduce the appearance of your facial scars.
Scar revision techniques make your scar less conspicuous, blending the area with the surrounding skin tone and texture for a more even and harmonized facial appearance.
Who is a candidate for scar removal?
Scar revision can be performed on people of any age and background who are bothered by a facial scar. It works best on physically healthy patients who do not smoke, and who do not have active acne or other skin challenges at the time of treatment.
Why Choose Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery for your Beverly Hills Scar Removal?
Dr. Truesdale is an expert of the face and neck, and has a wide range of options to treat facial scarring. Additionally, he is experienced working with all skin color, types, and textures. Some scar removal techniques pose additional risks for patients with darker skin, so it is important to see a surgeon like Dr. Truesdale who proactively selects the safest and most effective treatment plan specifically for you.
Spotlight on: Keloids
Keloids are a type of raised scar that can occur where the skin has healed after an injury. All skin types can suffer from keloids, but they are more commonly found on darker skin types. When it comes to surgery, patients with a history of keloids or an increased propensity for keloids should be approached differently. However, not all surgeons take the appropriate precautions.
Dr. Truesdale uses surgical techniques to minimize the risk of keloids. He also can provide treatments to reduce the look of keloids. He has a special interest in keloid prevention, and has been invited to speak on the topic. We invite you to hear his take in the following video:
What is the process to have a scar removal procedure in Beverly Hills at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
1. Prepare for Your Appointment
- Call the Office to request an appointment time. You may be asked to securely send pictures of the scarred area so Dr. Truesdale can do an initial assessment of the best solution(s) for you.
2. Get an Expert Treatment by Dr. Truesdale
- During your appointment, you will show Dr. Truesdale your facial scarring and share your goals for treatment. Dr. Truesdale will assess your face and provide his expert opinion on the best plan forward. Some scar revision solutions will require more than one visit, and may require a combination of treatments. Dr. Truesdale will discuss the end-to-end plan with you during your first visit.
- Depending on the selected treatment plan, Dr. Truesdale will provide your treatment during that first visit, or you will schedule another appointment to come back to the office soon for your treatment.
3. Recover, Heal, and Reveal Your Results
- As you initially heal, you may experience some swelling, discomfort, or discoloration for the first 1-2 weeks.
- Sutures may be removed between 5-7 days after scar revision.
- Healing will continue for several weeks after your treatment, and the original scar will continue to fade over time.
- Your will be able to enjoy your final results in several months.
Scar Revision Before & After
FAQs for Scar Revision in Beverly Hills
Does scar revision really work?
Yes, scar revision works! Dr. Truesdale can work with you to trade an unfavorable scar for a near imperceptible scar that is well hidden and doesn’t draw attention to itself.
How long does scar revision take?
The timing to revise a scar revision depends on the size and characteristics of the scar. Each scar is different and therefore requires a unique treatment plan. However, you will typically be able to enjoy your final result several months after treatment as the scar fades over time.
Can you revise old scars?
Yes, a scar of any “age” can be revised. Dr. Truesdale considers the age of the scar when determining your treatment plan, as early scars and older scars respond differently to different techniques.
Is scar revision expensive?
The price of a scar revision depends on the treatment plan. Cost will be discussed during the consultation.
Call today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Truesdale and lock-in today’s pricing (quotes will be valued for 60 days). Financing options are available.