What is a brow lift?
A brow lift is a procedure to rejuvenate a brow which has dropped, or to change the shape of the brow to harmonize the arch. As we age, the brow tends to fall (called brow ptosis). A brow lift can help turn back the hands of time by re-elevating your arch and reducing wrinkles in the top third of the face. It can be combined with other procedures, such as a blepharoplasty or a face lift, to improve the overall look of your eyes and face and restore a youthful and pleasant appearance.
What are the benefits of a brow lift?
Rejuvenate the face
As eyebrows droop, they can make you look tired or even angry. A brow lift can help you appear more at ease and more alert.
A drooping eyebrow can impair vision by adding additional weight over the eyelids. A brow lift can reduce this excess weight to improve your vision and give your eyes a vibrant, more vital appearance.
A brow lift helps reduce wrinkles in the forehead and nasal bridge, and frown lines between the eyebrows. It can help you feel and look younger.
Who is a candidate for a brow lift?
A brow lift is suitable for patients who would like to permanently reduce wrinkles in their upper face and have a brighter, more youthful eye-area. Every patient is different, but sagging muscles in the top third of the face are most common in people aged 40 and over. Schedule a surgical consultation with Dr. Truesdale today to arrange a one-on-one conversation to discuss your goals and get his expert take on the right treatment plan for you.
Why Choose Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery for your Beverly Hills Brow Lift?
Dr. Truesdale is trained in the most advanced surgical techniques. He can suggest a custom combination procedure of a brow lift and other youth-restoring surgical and non-surgical procedures, such as a face lift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and/or fillers.
What is the Process to get a Beverly Hills Brow Lift at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
1. Consultation / Preparation
- The first step in the journey is a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Truesdale. During that time, you will share your goals, he will evaluate your face, and provide his expert opinion on the best treatment plan and surgical approach. Expectations, results, methods, and risks will all be discussed. Dr. Truesdale will take the time to make sure you understand the plan and feel fully informed and comfortable with the surgical plan.
- You will then meet with the Practice Manager to discuss scheduling, cost and the payment plan, and your pre-operative instructions. We can schedule you for surgery as soon as you pay the $1000 surgical deposit. Oftentimes, surgery can be scheduled within the next few weeks!
- During the consultation, Dr. Truesdale will discuss preparing for your procedure. Detailed information with pre-operative instructions, benefits, and risks, will also be shared electronically so you have the opportunity to review in detail and can prepare any additional questions for Dr. Truesdale or the team.
- As with any surgery, there are certain medications, vitamins, and herbs that should be avoided in the 2 weeks prior to surgery. Some of these items can cause you to bleed more than normal, or may otherwise interact with the surgery process.
3. Day-of Procedure
- Surgery will take place at a nearby accredited surgical center. Our Practice Manager, Maria, will provide you with detailed location information and pre-op instructions.
- The length of surgery varies based on each patient’s situation and goals. A brow lift typically takes about 2 hours.
- A brow lift is usually done while the patient is in a sleep-like state.
- A sense of tightness in the forehead and brow region is to be expected after surgery.
- It is normal for your eyes to swell significantly. Ice compresses can help reduce bruising and swelling.
- Rest, and avoid straining or bending.
4. Post-Operative / Recovery
- After the surgery, patients can go home with a friend or family member after being cleared by Dr. Truesdale.
- Dr. Truesdale will provide detailed information on how to promote the most effective and comfortable healing process.
- Patients who work from home can work in 2-3 days. Patients who work outside the home can plan to return to work in about about a week.
- Most patients experience more discomfort than pain. Use pain medication as directed or needed, and follow all of Dr. Truesdale’s post-operative instructions.
- Rest and sleep on your back, with your head elevated.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the initial healing process.
- Exercise care around the treatment area.
- The staples are usually removed eight (8) days after surgery.
- You can resume driving seven (7) to ten (10) days after surgery.
5. Extended Healing
- Continue to avoid sun exposure for 6 weeks, and wear SPF 50+ daily.
- Avoid coloring or chemically treating your hair for one (1) month after surgery.
- Full healing may take up to six (6) months.
FAQs About A Beverly Hills Brow Lift
How is a brow lift done?
Dr. Truesdale will select a specific brow lift technique based on your goals and to minimize scarring. Dr. Truesdale most commonly performs an Endoscopic brow lift to raise the soft tissues and skin of your forehead and brow. He will make several small incisions behind your hairline. He will then insert a long thin tube with a light and a tiny camera (called an endoscope) through one of the incisions to view your underlying muscles and tissues. He then uses an additional instrument through another incision to lift your forehead tissues and anchor them in place. He then closes your incisions in a way that will optimize healing and minimize the risk of visible scars.
What does a brow lift do?
A brow lift can raise the eyebrows and restore a refreshed, vibrant appearance for patients who have experienced their eyebrows lowering as they age. As we age, skin and soft tissues lose elasticity, which can move the brow down and shorten the distance between the eyebrows and the eye lashes. Low or sagging brows can also contribute to sagging upper eyelids. These changes can make someone look tired, sad, or angry. A brow lift raises the brows to restore a more youthful and pleasant appearance.
How long does a brow lift last?
While the patient will continue to age and may experience drooping skin in the future, a brow lift is a permanent procedure that helps restore an appearance of youthfulness and vitality.
What are the risks or side effects for a brow lift?
Because a brow lift is a surgical procedure, there are some risks involved. For most people, the risk is minimal, especially when the procedure is performed by a specialized facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Truesdale. Dr. Truesdale will share a full list of risks and complications with you based on the latest surgical research prior to booking surgery.
How much does a brow lift cost?
The cost of this surgery can vary based on the patient’s situation, including if it is a revision surgery and if this surgery will be combined with other surgeries or treatments. The total cost may include the surgeon’s fee, operating room fees, and anesthesia fees (if applicable). At Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery, we believe the surgeon’s philosophy and experience, and your comfort with him are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Call today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Truesdale and start the process. We can provide an approximate range for this procedure over the phone. Our practice manager will confirm the pricing for you after your consultation. All surgical quotes are valued for 60 days.