What Surgical Options Do I Have For My Eye Area?
Dr. Truesdale offers a full range of solutions for those who want to improve the look of their eye area. He can help with under eye darkness, excess fat above or below the eyes, creating an eyelid crease, and more.
Types of Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
An upper blepharoplasty can reduce or eliminate sagging eyelids and puffiness. The eyes are a focal point of the face, so an upper blepharoplasty can dramatically rejuvenate your appearance. The incision is well hidden in the natural lid crease and often improves peripheral vision that was disrupted by excess skin hanging over.
A lower blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that reduces bags, wrinkles, or excess skin under the eyes.
An “Asian blepharoplasty” is a surgical procedure which creates a “double lid” and recountors the fat given the specific anatomic differences often seen in Asian patients. Dr. Truesdale uses a specialized suture technique to create a natural-looking lid-crease.
What are the benefits of a blepharoplasty?
More Rested And Youthful Appearance
Over time, many people develop puffy, dark circles under their eyes and drooping eyelids. Resolving these signs of aging can help you look better rested and more youthful.
Restored Field Of Vision
Eyelid surgery can remove overhanging tissue that often impairs peripheral vision. An upper blepharoplasty can restore the full field of vision.
Wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging around the eyes make many people feel self-conscious and feel that they appear older or more tired than they are. Eye-area surgery can help boost confidence in one’s appearance and help them look and feel their best.
Who is a candidate for a blepharoplasty?
A blepharoplasty is suitable for older and younger candidates who would like to change or improve their upper eyelid or lower eye area. Schedule a surgical consultation with Dr. Truesdale today to arrange a one-on-one conversation to discuss your goals and get his expert take on the right treatment plan for you.
For those bothered by undereye darkness who do not want a surgical solution, temporary dermal fillers may also be an option. Dr. Truesdale will discuss all options with you during your consultation and provide his expert recommendation on the best treatment plan for you.
Why Choose Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery for your Beverly Hills Blepharoplasty?
Dr. Truesdale’s goal is to perform surgery that maintains your personality and essence, yet rejuvenates the eyes. Dr. Truesdale hides all incisions meticulously. In fact, Dr. Truesdale often performs a lower blepharoplasty without needing to make any external cuts to the skin.
“I am very meticulous about measuring the amount of skin to remove to maintain a completely natural appearance and to help reduce the risk of complications”.
– Dr. Truesdale
What is the Process to get a Beverly Hills Blepharoplasty at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
1. Consultation / Preparation
- The first step in the journey is a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Truesdale in Beverly Hills. During that time, you will share your goals, he will evaluate your face, and provide his expert opinion on the best treatment plan and surgical approach. Expectations, results, methods, and risks will all be discussed. Dr. Truesdale will take the time to make sure you understand the plan and feel fully informed and comfortable with the surgical plan.
- You will then meet with the Practice Manager to discuss scheduling, cost and the payment plan, and your pre-operative instructions. We can schedule you for surgery as soon as you pay the $1000 surgical deposit. Oftentimes, surgery can be scheduled within the next few weeks.
- During the consultation, Dr. Truesdale will discuss preparing for your procedure. Detailed information with pre-operative instructions, benefits, and risks will also be shared electronically so you have the opportunity to review in detail and can prepare any additional questions for Dr. Truesdale or the team.
- As with any surgery, there are certain medications, vitamins, and herbs that should be avoided in the 2 weeks prior to surgery. Some of these items can cause you to bleed more than normal, or may otherwise interact with the surgery process.
3. Day-Of Procedure
- Surgery will take place in Beverly Hills. Our Practice Manager, Maria, will provide you with detailed location information and pre-op instructions.
- The length of surgery varies based on each patient’s situation and goals. Many blepharoplasties can be done in under 2 hours.
- An upper blepharoplasty is usually done with local anesthesia.
- A lower blepharoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia (the patient is in a sleep-like state).
- Bring sunglasses with you to your appointment, and apply ice compresses to your eyes to reduce bruising and swelling.
4. Post-Operative / Recovery
- Dr. Truesdale will provide detailed information on how to promote the most effective and comfortable healing process.
- It is recommended to take a few days off of work to heal and recover. You can expect to return to work in about a week, although there will likely still be some swelling.
- Most patients experience more discomfort than pain. Use pain medication as directed or needed, apply ointment as directed, and follow all of Dr. Truesdale’s post-operative instructions.
- Do not wear makeup or contacts for the first 10 days after surgery.
- Avoid rubbing or itching your eyelids until they are fully healed.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the initial healing process.
- Rest and sleep on your back, with your head elevated.
5. Extended Healing
- Continue to take pain medications as directed.
- Absolutely avoid sun exposure for six (6) weeks after surgery.
- Avoid activities that dry out the eyes, such as extended reading or television watching.
- Full healing may take up to six (6) months, and a final check-up is advisable three (3) months after surgery.
Blepharoplasty Before & After
FAQs for Cosmetic Eyelid and Lower Eye Surgery in Beverly Hills
How long does a blepharoplasty last?
The results of a blepharoplasty are permanent. Your eyes and overall face will continue to mature, so normal aging changes should be expected, but you’ll always age more gracefully than if you had not had the procedure.
What is a good age for blepharoplasty?
Each patient is different. A blepharoplasty is suitable for older and younger candidates, depending on their eye appearance and goals.
What are the risks / side effects of a blepharoplasty?
What is the downtime for a blepharoplasty?
Upper blepharoplasty – patients who work from home can go back to work in as little as 2-3 days. You should expect bruising and swelling for a week to 10 days.
Lower blepharoplasty – patients should plan to take a week off of work. You should expect bruising and swelling for about 2 weeks.
Asian blepharoplasty – patients who work from home can go back to work in as little as 2-3 days. You should expect bruising and swelling for a week to 10 days.
What is the average cost for a blepharoplasty?
Is financing available?
Yes! Dr. Truesdale partners with four trusted financing institutions. We accept all major credit / debit cards, cash, or offer 0% interest patient financing:
- PATIENTFI (Preferred)
- CARE CREDIT
Visit our Financing page for more information and to apply in 5-10 minutes.
Very welcoming. Dr. Truesdale and his staff are wonderful. They keep you updated and stay in constant contact. Dr. Truesdale has such a great eye for detail and balance. Very kind and down to earth. From the second day my eyesight seems so much brighter. It has only been 1 week and they look amazing. Looking forward to the final result after all the healing is done. Great job! Thank you!