Frequently Asked Questions for Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery
We invite you to read below for the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers. If you have additional questions or would like to speak with a member of our team, please call 424-363-4112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.
WILL I NEED TO BRING A FRIEND OR CAREGIVER TO SURGERY WITH ME?
- Dr. Truesdale and his staff will share this information with you prior to surgery. In general, if you are having an in-office procedure without anesthesia, you may be able to drive yourself home.
- If you are having your surgery under anesthesia, you should plan to go home with a friend or family member after being cleared by Dr. Truesdale.
- Some procedures, like a facelift, require overnight care for the first 24 hours after surgery. Our office can help coordinate the appropriate care.
WHERE DOES SURGERY TAKE PLACE?
Surgery will take place in Beverly Hills. Our Practice Manager, Maria, will provide you with detailed location information and pre-op instructions for the day-of surgery
What if I have further questions?
How soon can I get back to my normal exercise routine?
Dr. Truesdale and the team will talk to you about your specific situation. In general after surgery, you are encouraged to go for light walks and strolls after 24 hours. Light cardio, such as an elliptical machine or spin bike on a low resistance can begin on post-operative day seven (7). Do not engage in any heavy cardiovascular activity (running), any activity that involves straining (weight lifting) or anything that involves bending over (yoga, pilates) for at least three (3) weeks, unless otherwise instructed.
What medications can I take after surgery?
- Oral medications take 30-45 minutes to take effect. Try to stay ahead of the pain by taking the medication when you begin to feel pain returning rather than waiting for it to become severe. Pain medications should not be taken any more frequently than listed on their packaging.
- Only take the prescribed narcotics (Norco, Percocet, Tylenol with Codeine, etc.) for severe pain. For mild or moderate pain, take Extra-Strength Tylenol. Do not take aspirin (ASA, Excedrin) or anti-inflammatory medications (Motrin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Excedrin, Naproxen, Nuprin, Anacin, etc.) until Dr. Truesdale clears you to do so. Do not take pain medication on an empty stomach
Can I take supplements prior to surgery or a non-surgical treatment?
When is payment due to Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
- A surgical consultation requires a non-refundable $200 consultation fee. This fee is applied 100% towards ANY future surgery, so as long as you have any surgery with Dr. Truesdale, it is essentially a free consult. Surgical consult fees cannot be applied to non-surgical treatments unless Dr. Truesdale determines you are not a candidate for any surgery
- For surgeries, a $1000 deposit is due to secure your surgical date. The balance is due at least 3 weeks in advance of your surgical date.
- For all non-surgical appointments, payment is due at the time of the appointment.
Do I need medical clearance prior to surgery?
For patients who will undergo general anesthesia, there are medical tests that are mandatory to ensure patient safety. Our office will let you know which tests are necessary. Patients 45 and Over must have a full physical examination, an EKG and a letter of medical clearance. All must be performed within three (3) months before the date of surgery. Patients 65 and over must also get a chest x-ray.
Am I a candidate for surgery?
Is facial plastic surgery permanent?
Is facial plastic surgery painful?
What If I Don’t Know what Treatment Would Help Me?
Why Choose Dr. Truesdale?
IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS
Our staff are always available to support you.