BUCCAL FAT rEMOVAL SPECIALIST IN BEVERLY HILLS
Reduce “chubby” cheeks and improve your facial definition – and save $500 for a limited time only
Schedule today and save $500
BUCCAL FAT SPECIALIST IN BEVERLY HILLS
Improve your facial structure and definition – and save $500 for a limited time only
Schedule today and save $500
What Is Buccal Fat Removal Surgery?
Buccal fat removal (pronounced like a belt buckle) is a surgical procedure to decrease fullness in the lower cheeks to reveal more contoured face and more prominent cheekbones.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Buccal Fat Removal?
Patients with chubby cheeks or full faces or those who want extra facial definition can be great candidates for buccal fat removal. Buccal fat removal does not address wrinkles or loose skin, so older patients may benefit from combining buccal fat removal with a neck lift and/or facelift. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Truesdale so he can evaluate your face and come up with a custom treatment plan for you.
Benefits Of Buccal Fat Removal
If you feel your face is too full or has a chubby appearance, buccal fat removal can help provide the definition and contour that diet and exercise alone cannot produce.
Higher, More Pronounced Cheekbones
When fat is removed from the lower cheek, it makes the cheekbones more prominent and the whole face appear more contoured.
Permanent Solution for Face Contouring
Many people spend significant time contouring their face with makeup, or make an ongoing investment in fillers to bring more definition to a naturally round face. Buccal fat removal is a permanent surgical solution for a more contoured face.
Why Choose dr. Truesdale For Buccal Fat Removal?
Do you have “chubby cheeks” and no matter how much weight you lose, you can’t seem to get rid of them? You aren’t the only one. This is something called Buccal Fat, “cheek fat,” which is often hereditary. The best way to lose this is by surgery known as “Buccal Fat Removal” at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Truesdale is a Board Certified surgeon, specially focused on facial plastic surgery. He has world-class training at top hospitals and universities, and is committed to delivering the best results, every time.
- Buccal fat removal is one of Dr. Truesdale’s most popular procedures.
- Dr. Truesdale is careful with selecting the right treatment plan for each patient. He can work with you to create a holistic plan for complete facial tightening and slimming.
- Results look completely natural, with very minimal scarring.
- Dr. Truesdale typically completes the surgery within an hour and a half, with the patient under local anesthesia for optimal comfort.
- Dr. Truesdale can do a custom combination surgery for patients seeking a “snatched” jawline.
Buccal Fat Removal Before And After Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
IS BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL PAINFUL?
Buccal fat removal is a fairly comfortable procedure. You may have moderate discomfort the first week, but it is usually well managed with pain medications. You should expect swelling for about three weeks and will look your best in three months.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OR SIDE EFFECTS OF BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL?
Because buccal fat removal is a surgical procedure, there are some risks involved. For most people, the risk is minimal, especially when the procedure is performed by a specialized facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Truesdale.
HOW MUCH DOES BUCCAL FAT REMOVAL COST?
The cost of this surgery can vary based on the patient’s situation, including if it is a revision surgery and if this surgery will be combined with other surgeries or treatments. The total cost may include the surgeon’s fee, operating room fees, and anesthesia fees (if applicable). At Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery, we believe the surgeon’s philosophy and experience, and your comfort with him are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Call today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Truesdale and start the process. We can provide an approximate range for this procedure over the phone. Our practice manager will confirm the pricing for you after your consultation. All surgical quotes are valued for 60 days.
IS FINANCING AVAILABLE?
Yes! Dr. Truesdale partners with four trusted financing institutions. We accept all major credit / debit cards, cash, or offer 0% interest patient financing:
- PATIENTFI (Preferred)
- CARE CREDIT
Visit our Financing page for more information and to apply in 5-10 minutes.
What Is The Process To Get Buccal Fat Removal?
1. Consultation and Preparation
- The first step in the journey is a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Truesdale. During that time, you will share your goals, he will evaluate your face, and provide his expert opinion on the best treatment plan and surgical approach. Expectations, results, methods, and risks will all be discussed. Dr. Truesdale will take the time to make sure you understand the plan and feel fully informed and comfortable with the surgical plan.
- You will then meet with the Practice Manager to discuss scheduling, cost and the payment plan, and your pre-operative instructions. We can schedule you for surgery as soon as you pay the $1000 surgical deposit. Oftentimes, surgery can be scheduled within the next few weeks!
- During the consultation, Dr. Truesdale will discuss preparing for your procedure. Detailed information with pre-operative instructions, benefits, and risks, will also be shared electronically so you have the opportunity to review in detail and can prepare any additional questions for Dr. Truesdale or the team.
- As with any surgery, there are certain medications, vitamins, and herbs that should be avoided in the 2 weeks prior to surgery. Some of these items can cause you to bleed more than normal, or may otherwise interact with the surgery process.
3. Day of Procedure
- Our Practice Manager, Maria, will provide you with detailed location information and pre-op instructions for the day-of surgery.
- The length of surgery varies based on each patient’s situation and goals. Buccal fat removal typically takes approximately one hour to complete.
- Buccal fat removal is a fairly comfortable procedure and is usually done while you are awake, with the treatment area comfortably numb.
- Consume a liquid-only diet the day of surgery, and rinse your mouth with salt water after every meal.
4. Post-Operative and Recovery
- Dr. Truesdale will provide detailed information on how to promote the most effective and comfortable healing process.
- Most patients experience more discomfort than pain. Use pain medication as directed or needed, and follow all of Dr. Truesdale’s post-operative instructions.
- Normal range of movement in your mouth should resume after a few days.
- Patients who work from home can work in about 3 days. Patients who work outside of the home should expect to return to work in about a week.
- You will likely experience mild bruising and swelling for a few weeks. Using a cold compress will help with the healing process.
- Rest and sleep on your back, with your head elevated.
5. Extended Healing
- Avoid strenuous activities for three weeks.
- Bruising and swelling will continue to reside over time.
- Truesdale uses dissolvable sutures, which should dissolve on their own within two weeks.
- Continue to eat soft foods, and avoid alcohol and salt for for 10 days.
- Swelling, tightness, and numbness should subside over the first few weeks.
- Full healing may take up to four months.
After examining my face, Dr. Truesdale recommended the Buccal Fat Excision where I would aesthetically benefit from the procedure. I am so happy with the results on my face, and I can definitely see the difference his good work made. I will always suggest and recommend him to my friends and family, his attention to detail is outstanding… and even after the procedure he still checks in with me on how I am doing.
I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Truesdale and to be able to say that he is my surgeon. Thank you, Doctor! 🙂
“I’m so blessed to have had Dr. Carl Truesdale as my surgeon! He is truly an artist and his skills and vision for his patients individually are so on point! He and his staff have been amazing since the very first day I walked into his office
“Dr. Truesdale performed three procedures on me: buccal fat removal, chin lipo, and a primary open rhinoplasty/septoplasty. Dr. Truesdale is not only a skilled surgeon but he’s a real artist! Like literally! I can honestly say that I love my face now. I truly look like the best version of myself. Everything looks so damn natural, it’s just unreal. I’m not even fully healed yet! “