What is a dermal filler?
Fillers are a form of gel-like substances that are injected into the skin to soften facial lines and creases, restore lost volume or add increased volume, or enhance facial contours. Fillers can help deliver fuller lips, a refined nose (known as a “liquid rhinoplasty,” more prominent cheekbones, a brighter under-eye area, and fewer wrinkles in just a 30 minute appointment. Fillers have little or no downtime, and results are immediate and can last 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type of filler, the individual, and the application area.
What are the benefits of facial fillers?
Facial harmony and beauty
Filler can be used to improve symmetry in the entire face. In fact, a “liquid facelift” can be done using a combination of Fillers and BOTOX to improve volume, harmony, and attractiveness during a 30-45 minute appointment with no downtime. Results will not be as dramatic as a facelift, but it can be a great option for someone who is not a candidate for a facelift or is looking for a non-surgical solution.
Youthful and well-rested appearance
Fillers can be applied to smooth wrinkles and restore lost volume in the face. Under-eye fillers work well to reduce the look of dark circles under the eyes, making you look more alert and well-rested.
Enhanced facial contour
Fillers can be a great non-surgical solution to add volume and prominence in areas like the cheekbones, chin, and jawline. The results will not be as dramatic as surgery, but the process typically takes 30 minutes or less, and the results are immediate.
Who is a candidate for dermal fillers?
Fillers are best for physically healthy people who do not smoke and who are looking for an immediate, non-surgical solution to improve their facial volume, definition, and skin smoothness.
In some cases, a brow lift, face lift, or blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), or other surgical procedure may be a better, more permanent solution, particularly for older patients. If you are interested in exploring surgical options, please schedule a surgical consultation with Dr. Truesdale – he’d be happy to customize a treatment plan to meet your goals.
Why Choose Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery for your Beverly Hills Fillers?
Filler treatments require training, knowledge, and skill to ensure safety, selection of the right filler for your goals, and natural-looking results. Dr. Truesdale’s trained nurse injector, Nurse Jess (NP), will provide natural-looking yet noticeable results.
What is the process to have filler injections in Beverly Hills at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
1. Prepare for Your Appointment
- Call the Office to share your goals and request an appointment time with Dr. Truesdale for your filler injections.
- Do not take aspirin (ASA, Excedrin) or anti-inflammatory medications (Motrin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Excedrin, Naproxen,Anacin,etc) for one week prior. These medications can cause increased bruising and bleeding. Tylenol is fine to take. Try to avoid alcohol, as well as anti-aging topical products, and hair removal procedures for two days prior to your appointment.
2. Get an Expert Treatment by Nurse Jess or Dr. Truesdale
- During your appointment, you will share your goals with Nurse Jess or Dr. Truesdale, such as fuller lips, relaxed smile lines, or brighter under-eyes. They will assess your face and provide his expert opinion on the best plan forward. There are many filler products on the market, each uniquely formulated for texture, injection depth, and density. Certain fillers work better than others to treat specific goals, so they will provide their experienced guidance on which product is best for you.
- Before the treatment, your face will be cleaned and you may be given a topical numbing cream to help the treatment be as comfortable as possible.
- Nurse Jess or Dr. Truesdale will then strategically inject a precise amount of filler into the appropriate areas of your face to deliver your desired results.
3. Recover, Heal, and Reveal Your Results
- You will likely notice immediate results after the filler injection. Some bruising and swelling can be expected, but these symptoms are temporary and should subside in a few days. Do not be alarmed if the treated area appears larger than you’d like – that is usually just swelling and you will see the final result within a week of the treatment.
- There is no downtime after fillers – you can have a normal day after your appointment. However, you may want to take the day off from strenuous exercise, and sun exposure should be minimized for approximately 24 hours after treatment or until any initial swelling or redness goes away.
- Fillers typically last six months – two years, depending on the patient, the filler, and the treatment area. We have many patients who see us on a periodic basis to keep the results of their treatment looking fresh. Nurse Jess or Dr. Truesdale will discuss a maintenance plan with you during the appointment, and we’d be happy to help you schedule your appointments in advance to help you maintain your results long-term.
Dermal fillers Removal Before & After
FAQs for a Fillers in Beverly Hills
How long do dermal fillers last?
How long the effects of dermal fillers will last depends on the specific filler used, the area of treatment, and the patient. To maintain your results, Nurse Jess and Dr. Truesdale would repeat your treatment, adjusting the amount and technique as needed so you can continue to see optimal results. Lip filler tends to last 3-6 months or longer, cheek and jawline filler tends to last up to 2 years, while temple, under eye, nasolabial fold, and nose fillers (for a “liquid rhinoplasty”) tend to last between 9-18 months.
How much do dermal fillers cost?
We’re pleased to now offer fillers with Nurse Jessica, who has been personally trained by Dr. Truesdale, for a very special price of $650/syringe ($150 off our standard pricing). Dr. Truesdale continues to see patients for more complex filler injections or at special request for $800 a syringe. Many areas can be effectively treated with only one or two syringes. Call today to schedule a filler appointment and lock in this special rate.
What are the side effects of dermal fillers?
The main side effects of fillers are bruising, redness, itching and swelling. These symptoms are usually mild and last less than a week. Occasionally, fillers can lead to lumpiness or asymmetries, but these outcomes can be corrected with an additional micro-injection of filler. In extremely rare cases, fillers have been reported to lead to blindness and skin death if filler is injected into a blood vessel – one of the reasons it is important to choose a trained injector.
Are fillers good for your face?
Fillers are generally considered safe. However, you and your doctor should consider the concept of “filler fatigue,” in which many years of having too much filler injected can stretch out the skin or result in a chronically puffy or ill-defined face. Seeing a trained injector will minimize this risk.