What is neck liposuction?
Neck liposuction, also known as submental liposuction, removes fat in the neck and under the chin to reveal a sharper jawline and chin. It can be combined with other procedures to also treat sagging skin for a more youthful appearance.
What are the benefits of neck liposuction?
Better defined chin and jawline
Neck liposuction reveals a crisper jawline and profile.
Reduced neck fullness
Neck liposuction can remove excess fat under the chin that is hard to treat via diet and exercise alone.
Many people are self-conscious about a “double chin” and experience a significant confidence boost from neck liposuction.
Who is a candidate for neck liposuction?
Neck liposuction is best for patients with good skin elasticity who have good bone structure and a moderate amount of fat in the neck and under the chin. Patients who have lost skin elasticity (e.g., have loose, sagging, or wrinkled skin) due to aging, weight gain or other factors may find a neck lift or other surgical solution to be a better option. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Truesdale for his expert evaluation on the best option for you.
Why Choose Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery for your Beverly Hills Neck Liposuction?
Dr. Truesdale takes an individualized approach with each patient to sculpt their neck in the optimal way for their face shape and beauty ideals. Dr. Truesdale knows how to be aggressive with fat removal without introducing unnecessary risk. Unlike many surgeons, Dr. Truesdale doesn’t just take out fat under the chin. Instead, he takes out fat from all under the neck to truly etch out the jaw bone and create a crisp jawline.
Achieve a Sharper Jawline in One Hour at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Truesdale offers a number of single and combination treatments to produce a sharper jawline, including:
Insertion of an implant for patients with a small chin, weak jaw, or lack of facial contour.
Facetite or Accutite
What is the Process to get a Beverly Hills Neck Liposuction at Truesdale Facial Plastic Surgery?
1. Consultation / Preparation
- The first step in the journey is a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Truesdale. During that time, you will share your goals, he will evaluate your face, and provide his expert opinion on the best treatment plan and surgical approach. Expectations, results, methods, and risks will all be discussed. Dr. Truesdale will take the time to make sure you understand the plan and feel fully informed and comfortable with the surgical plan.
- You will then meet with the Practice Manager to discuss scheduling, cost and the payment plan, and your pre-operative instructions. We can schedule you for surgery as soon as you pay the $1000 surgical deposit. Oftentimes, surgery can be scheduled within the next few weeks!
- During the consultation, Dr. Truesdale will discuss preparing for your procedure. Detailed information with pre-operative instructions, benefits, and risks, will also be shared electronically so you have the opportunity to review in detail and can prepare any additional questions for Dr. Truesdale or the team.
- As with any surgery, there are certain medications, vitamins, and herbs that should be avoided in the 2 weeks prior to surgery. Some of these items can cause you to bleed more than normal, or may otherwise interact with the surgery process.
3. Day-of Procedure
- Our Practice Manager, Maria, will provide you with detailed location information and pre-op instructions for the day-of surgery.
- The length of surgery varies based on each patient’s situation and goals. Neck liposuction typically takes about one hour.
- Neck liposuction is a fairly comfortable procedure and is usually done while the patient is awake, with the procedure area comfortably numb.
4. Post-Operative / Recovery
- Dr. Truesdale will provide detailed information on how to promote the most effective and comfortable healing process.
- Most patients experience more discomfort than pain. Use pain medication as directed or needed, and follow all of Dr. Truesdale’s post-operative instructions.
- Wear a neck wrap continuously for the first three days and as much as possible after day three.
- Patients who work from home can work in about 3 days (sometimes less). Patients who work outside of the home can plan to go back to work in about one week.
- You will need to wear a neck wrap for 10 days.
- You will likely experience mild bruising and swelling for a few. weeks. Using a cold compress will help with the healing process.
- Rest and sleep on your back, with your head elevated.
5. Extended Healing
- Avoid strenuous activities for three weeks.
- Bruising and swelling will continue to reside over time.
- Full healing may take up to four months.
Neck Liposuction Before & After
FAQs about Beverly Hills Neck Liposuction
How long does neck liposuction last?
Neck liposuction is a permanent surgical procedure. You will still continue to naturally age, and the results may gradually diminish if you gain a significant amount of weight, but the fat removed is permanently gone.
Can liposuction get rid of neck fat?
Yes, neck liposuction, also known as submental liposuction, is an excellent surgical solution to get rid of neck and under-chin fat.
What are the risks / side effects of neck liposuction?
Because neck liposuction is a surgical procedure, there are some risks involved. For most people, the risk is minimal, especially when the procedure is performed by a specialized facial plastic surgeon such as Dr. Truesdale. Additionally, Dr. Truesdale typically uses local anesthesia (numbing medication) for this procedure, which eliminates risks associated with general anesthesia (anesthesia that puts that patient in a sleep-like state).